The impact of our peace building work cannot be quantified in numbers because our work is mostly research and advocacy based and its effect is far reaching on human centered development.
- Our emergency advocacy response against the inciting hate song in Northern Nigeria saved the country from a major crisis that could have claimed several lives and possibly leads to another civil war.
- Our prompt response to the crisis at Ife town in Osun State helped halt the escalation of violence that reportedly claimed almost 10 lives before our intervention and provided clear direction for timely intervention by government.
- In our fact finding mission to Southern Kaduna, apart from the findings and recommendation which could help prevent future crisis, we also provided relief materials to more than 100 victims of the crisis living at the IDP camp in Kagoro community.
- Our anti-suicide bombing campaign in North East Nigeria is very significant because it helped educate many young people against the misinformation of Boko Haram terrorist group.
- Our recently unveiled Nigeria Peace Index research is gradually influencing narrative of peace communication. The research is forcing an indicator based peace building narrative to address root causes, while putting public peace at the heart of decision making.
SUPPORT PEACE PRO
Foundation for Peace Professionals